Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Reading list

I am a massive bookworm. Always have been. I just thought it would be fun to share with you what I am reading right now.

"The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle - I am really enjoying this one. I read "A New Earth" last year and am rereading it again. I have been practicing meditation alot lately and I find that his teachings are really helping me to deeply understand my practice.

"Holy Cow: An Indian Adventure" by Sarah Macdonald. Getting ready for my trip to India at the end of the year.

"Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior" by Dan Millman. I haven't started it yet, but I am very excited about this one. I tried to find "Way of the Peaceful Warrior" but they didn't have it at the used bookshop I frequent. I've been wanting to read this for ages!

I guess you can tell by what I am reading that I tend to be a pretty spiritual person. I do not really identify with any one religion, but I do meditate and try to practice Buddhist philosophy. I read ALOT of books about Buddhism.

Your turn - tell me what you are reading!

3 comments:

  1. Women of the Beat Generation by Brenda Knight
    And always rereading my very worn copy of The Dharma Bums

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, The Dharma Bums! One of my favorites. I read it for the first time when I was 18 and it changed my life. Re-reading On The Road right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dharma Bums is my fave for sure. I read it at 18 when I was a senior in h.s. and it def changed my life too. Going to music festies since I was a jr. in h.s. has influenced me also. Love the blog btw. And your clothes on etsy!

    ReplyDelete